Happy Friday, Writers!
I hope everyone is gearing up for the Halloween weekend, whether you are stocking up on sweets for the neighborhood ghouls and goblins, or taking out your trick-or-treaters, enjoy the festivities this weekend. The QG office is celebrating Halloween a few days early; we are all decked out in our costumes (Heather is a Skittle, Christine is a vampire, and Francus is a priest, lol) and enjoying some devilishly delicious treats – including a chocolate fountain!
To jump start your Halloween weekend, here are a few Halloween facts:
- Jack o’ Lanterns originated in Ireland. People placed candles in hollowed-out turnips to keep away spirits and ghosts on the Samhain holiday.
- The Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in the U.S.
- Halloween candy sales average 2 billion dollars annually
- 90% of parents admit to sneaking goodies from their kids’ Halloween trick-or-treat bags
- Halloween also is recognized as the 3rd biggest party day after New Year’s and Super Bowl Sunday.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!